- Wrap each end of a 15- to 18-inch length of floss around the ring or middle finger of both hands; the floss remaining between the fingers should be about 5 to 6 inches long.
- Hold the useable floss with the index finger and/or thumb of each hand. Use only 3/4″ of floss between fingers of each hand. These fingers will control the floss and should keep it from cutting into the gums.
- Start at one end of either the top or bottom set of teeth and apply the floss to the curved surface of the tooth, like bending a “C” around the tooth.
- Move the floss in a short forward-backward motion, as well as upwards and downwards, as if drying your back with a towel.
- Continue to the next tooth, using the floss to clean both edges of the teeth.
Source: Read Full Article